Providence Church exists for the glory of God. Our mission is leading people to grow in their faith, hope and love for Jesus Christ.
The Music Ministry Pastor will lead our family in the worship of God through music. He will regularly lead in our various weekly worship gatherings. He will shepherd and disciple other leaders and musicians in the music ministry, helping them grow in their faith, hope, and love for Jesus.
- Develop a vision for music ministry in alignment with the mission, vision, values at Prov. Communicate it consistently and lead the direction of the ministry.
- Lead our body in engaging the Lord through music on and outside of Sundays. Work to engage the different ages, ethnicities, races, and spiritual backgrounds - leading them to worship Jesus.
- Lead a band twice a month at our Sunday gatherings and serve other Sundays on a team.
- Work to develop a culture of worship throughout our Next Gen ministries (kids/students).
- Help our family be sensitive to the Spirit and listen for His voice as they live a lifestyle of worship. Help them experience the love of the Father.
- Be a spiritual shepherd for the music ministry team. Provide spiritual encouragement through Scripture, prayer, and care.
- Come alongside and shepherd music ministry leaders, creating a culture of ongoing development, commitment, passion, and multiplication. Develop leaders who can do the same.
- Recruit and develop leaders and musicians who can lead musically in the various gatherings.
- Lead once a month at Prov Coatesville and work with Prov Cville Pastors to find and develop a lead in Coatesville.
- Help musicians get better in their skill.
- Develop leaders for future church campuses as we expand into other locations.
- Work with other Sunday teams to speak into the flow and engagement of our weekly gatherings.
- Assist our church plants as needed with personal leadership and with engaging other leaders and musicians. Specifically thinking of Prov Coatesville at the start.
- Recruit and schedule musicians for the Sunday gatherings.
- Take the lead in initiating consistent nights (at least quarterly) of worship outside of our Sunday gatherings.
- Lead musically in other environments as requested and possible (student ministry, staff gatherings, college ministry, other adult ministries).
- Work to create original music with other musicians at Prov through the Prov Arts Initiative.
- Manage the overall music ministry budget
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formal training/education in ministry and music required.
- Accomplished musician with experience leading worship teams
- 2-5 years of ministry leadership experience.
- Proven ability to lead and build relationships with those of various races, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to play an instrument and lead vocally.
- Clear testimony, ongoing spiritual growth, and an emotionally healthy lifestyle.
- Full agreement with Providence’s Core Values, Beliefs, Mission, and Vision.
- Excellent communication and team leadership skills.
DESIRABLE GIFTS, QUALITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Spiritual Gifts: Pastor, Leadership
- Passionate about the next generation and young adults
- Passion for Christ and Liberating/Equipping The local church for Kingdom service
- Proven ability to lead and build relationships with those of various races, ethnicities, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Team Builder/Player
- Humility and Servant Leadership
- Compassionate, Relational, Approachable
- Able to effectively Recruit, Train, and Manage Volunteer/Paid Staff